Alibaba Enters Messaging Market With $215 Million Investment in Tango – http://mashable.com/2014/03/20/alibaba-tango-investment/
Tech Trends That Will Change How People Conduct Business in 2014 – http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/tech-trends-that-will-change-how-people-conduct-business-in-2014/
Useful Google tools: 14 Google Tools You Didn’t Know Existed –http://mashable.com/2013/07/05/google-tools/#:eyJzIjoidCIsImkiOiJfYnBseDNqaDh4dzMzZmZzaCJ9
Intelligent Business Operations Bundle powered by SAP HANA(R) Helps Organizations Contextualize Big Data Insights into Processes –http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140319-903434.html?mod=wsj_share_facebook
Hellenic Seaplanes Bets on Greek Airborne Island Hopping –http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-06/hellenic-seaplanes-bets-on-greek-airborne-island-hopping.html
Greece 2.0 by Marco Veremis, CEO of Upstream –http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marco-veremis/greece-20_b_4921543.html
This Insane New App Will Allow You To Read Novels In Under 90 Minutes – http://elitedaily.com/news/technology/this-insane-new-app-will-allow-you-to-read-novels-in-under-90-minutes/
Thomson Reuters Taps Into Twitter For Big Data Sentiment Analysis – http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/03/twitter-raises-its-enterprise-cred-with-thomson-reuters-sentiment-analysis-deal/
Bitcoin-the-network needs Bitcoin-the-currency –http://timothyblee.com/2014/03/01/heres-why-bitcoin-the-network-needs-bitcoin-the-currency/
Build a trustworthy company –http://www.torbenrick.eu/blog/strategy/the-trusted-company/
– Wearable technology (like Google Glass) merging with more fashion companies to go mainstream for consumer brands.
– Smart machines will proliferate (like IBM Watson).
– Internet of everything (IoE). Expect internet to conquer everything, cars, housing devices, plant watering systems and not just your laptop.
– Apps make the world go round! Millions of applications easily searchable hitting your screens every day. The long tail of mobile apps and free competition will decide on who monetizes or not the idea behind the application. Tailored apps for all needs and human desires will be filling Apple Store and Google Play.
– 3D Printers will turn entire industries upside – down and will disrupt all current lines of manufacturing, production, logistics, etc. Companies can benefit from cost efficient prototyping through 3D printing.
– Crowdfunding. Take the story of Pebble Smartwatch which was backed by 85,000+ people through Kickstarter: https://getpebble.com/
– Mobility will continue to threaten laptop manufacturers as more and more people jump to smartphones, tablets and other internet connected gadgets. The decline of PC shipments is a strong indicator of mobility taking over. Watch for employees BYOD (bring your own device programs) for management and diversity at work.
– Unlimited information is a driving force for the new economies. Technology and information as economic accelerators.
– Clouds everywhere. Personal Clouds, Corporate Clouds, Hybrid Clouds. Watch for integration and inter-operability thus long term performance of the designed Cloud.
– IT and financial organizations will carry the heavy burden of securing people’s data, avoiding frauds and harmful access that can threaten a corporation.
– You won’t rely on a certain device anymore. Your personal cloud will be accessed through any device. The challenge will be to easily manage and secure your personal cloud.
– Moving to Cloud is the new reality for businesses so better discover and choose the best cloud package offered to you by tech giants like Cisco, Oracle and others.
– Companies will be investing in R&D and allocating budgets in Cloud solutions to secure their data and offer integrated solutions to their clients and personnel for internal operations.
– Big data is the new oil as the impact for every single business independent of its size will be immense. The bet for companies in 2014 will be managing and securing corporate data, client data, transactions.
– If you don’t adapt fast to the disruptive technologies knocking at your door it will become unrealistic to promise your company sustainability.
– Follow emerging markets globally to escape your domestic economic problems and find partners and clients abroad. The limits of the world are constantly expanding. Fast information brings us closer to global opportunities.
– Networking is one of the most important things and secrets of entrepreneurship so keep meeting new people, share your ideas, projects, goals. Feedback is valuable.
May all your dreams come true for 2014!
-Stathis Kassios (Your personal Cyber Consultant)
Please introduce yourself to the readers of this blog and update us on your latest endeavors.
We are a couple of entrepreneurs that are committed to innovation. We founded Pandoo TEK Inc. in Vancouver B.C, Canada to develop the next big thing on the web. Pandoo TEKS’ sole purpose is to turn innovative ideas into solutions by developing the technologies to support them. Pandoo TEK achieves that with serious R&D on personalization and orchestration. Our names are: Michael Patellis (CEO) and George Delaportas (CIO).
A few words about us:
– George Delaportas –
I am a young Entrepreneur. I am an IT Architect and a Security Expert. Hacking and Reverse Engineering is part of my everyday life. In the past 2 years I have developed several technologies and innovations for different fields of science. The most denoted is ALPHA Script – http://alpha-script.localhost-ltd.com/
I have also worked in the space industry with ESA, NASA, etc. My view is towards reshaping the web into a highly personalized and adaptable space/place for every single user.
– Michael Patellis –
I am a Serial Entrepreneur. In the past I founded start-ups in Mining exploration, Air Transportation and Technology. Innovation is my basic principle in any business venture. My latest accomplishment is to fill a need in the Greek tourist and transportation industry by creating from scratch the Seaplane Industry in the country. My true passion though, is innovations over the cloud and the web.
What does the team of PANDOO want to achieve?
In a few words, our mission is to make the Internet personal so that users enjoy a very comfortable, easy and fun way of doing things online. To achieve that we introduce today, PANDOO. PANDOO is a total solution that integrates and personalizes web services, apps and games and provides ease of access and use of information on a friendly environment.
Online trends talk about the next big thing in big data, cloud computing, web apps & services, wearable hardware & computers (Google glass). Established IT companies are aggressively focusing on grasping all aspects of what a user/business wants or needs nowadays throughout the world wide web. How will you manage to differentiate with Pandoo in this highly competitive global marketplace?
PANDOO differentiates by its purpose of existence. It encapsulates, integrates, consolidates, orchestrates and personalizes services, apps, games and technologies together by providing a platform that turns individual vertical solutions into a total horizontal solution! In other words it makes things you do online or did offline extremely easy. PANDOO resembles other well known web apps like JoliCloud, oneLogin, iGoogle, myYahoo!, Blaast, etc. but unlike them that provide individual vertical solutions & services online in form of shortcuts, we integrate them into a total horizontal solution, offer them from within PANDOO web desktop and personalize them on our users!
Would you advise a Greek start-up to incorporate in Greece or abroad?
Although we are Greeks and love Greece, we do not feel like the ecosytem in Greece is mature enough to support and help new innovative startups who seek for global exposure. We suggest to our friends to choose countries like U.S.A and Canada.
Please close this interview as you see fit.
We are currently on heavy development, working hard, aiming for the best possible results. We hope that in the next 3 months we will have an early preview to show to the public. PANDOO is a BIG system and so people have to wait and be patient.
Until then, you may subscribe and follow us through our customer development form: http://pandoo.cc/ where you will also be able to follow us in twitter and facebook. Also, we have recently launched a campaign in Indiegogo where we call all of you, the game changers of the web, the users, to help us make this happen ASAP. Please find more info and contribute in this link: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pandoo-user-sensitive-web/
Finally, we’d like to thank you Stathis for this chance to present our project. We wish you the best with your projects as well and let’s hope that the future will be even more fascinating !
- Cloud service (I access my account via internet & password)
- Free applications bundled into one interface (apps interact with each other)
- Create & send invoices
- Website management
- E-commerce solutions
- CRM (customer relationship management)
- Easy to use
With Apptivo I manage to deliver projects to my clients on time, leaving both sides satisfied!