Book Hive e-scooters through Moovit app in Athens!
Το Moovit παρέχει περισσότερες επιλογές μετακίνησης για το ομαλότερο ταξίδι που κάνατε ποτέ. Διαβάστε σχετικά εδώ
– Wearable technology (like Google Glass) merging with more fashion companies to go mainstream for consumer brands.
– Smart machines will proliferate (like IBM Watson).
– Internet of everything (IoE). Expect internet to conquer everything, cars, housing devices, plant watering systems and not just your laptop.
– Apps make the world go round! Millions of applications easily searchable hitting your screens every day. The long tail of mobile apps and free competition will decide on who monetizes or not the idea behind the application. Tailored apps for all needs and human desires will be filling Apple Store and Google Play.
– 3D Printers will turn entire industries upside – down and will disrupt all current lines of manufacturing, production, logistics, etc. Companies can benefit from cost efficient prototyping through 3D printing.
– Crowdfunding. Take the story of Pebble Smartwatch which was backed by 85,000+ people through Kickstarter: https://getpebble.com/
– Mobility will continue to threaten laptop manufacturers as more and more people jump to smartphones, tablets and other internet connected gadgets. The decline of PC shipments is a strong indicator of mobility taking over. Watch for employees BYOD (bring your own device programs) for management and diversity at work.
– Unlimited information is a driving force for the new economies. Technology and information as economic accelerators.
– Clouds everywhere. Personal Clouds, Corporate Clouds, Hybrid Clouds. Watch for integration and inter-operability thus long term performance of the designed Cloud.
– IT and financial organizations will carry the heavy burden of securing people’s data, avoiding frauds and harmful access that can threaten a corporation.
– You won’t rely on a certain device anymore. Your personal cloud will be accessed through any device. The challenge will be to easily manage and secure your personal cloud.
– Moving to Cloud is the new reality for businesses so better discover and choose the best cloud package offered to you by tech giants like Cisco, Oracle and others.
– Companies will be investing in R&D and allocating budgets in Cloud solutions to secure their data and offer integrated solutions to their clients and personnel for internal operations.
– Big data is the new oil as the impact for every single business independent of its size will be immense. The bet for companies in 2014 will be managing and securing corporate data, client data, transactions.
– If you don’t adapt fast to the disruptive technologies knocking at your door it will become unrealistic to promise your company sustainability.
– Follow emerging markets globally to escape your domestic economic problems and find partners and clients abroad. The limits of the world are constantly expanding. Fast information brings us closer to global opportunities.
– Networking is one of the most important things and secrets of entrepreneurship so keep meeting new people, share your ideas, projects, goals. Feedback is valuable.
May all your dreams come true for 2014!
-Stathis Kassios (Your personal Cyber Consultant)
- More & more companies around the world (small, medium, big) will be moving to public clouds (social media) to embrace new marketing tactics, expand their customer base, save money on huge budget marketing campaigns.
- Various organizations will have to deal with preserving, supporting & maintaining their Big Data in Clouds. Big data, as the innovative bridge empowering the connection between businesses & their customers.
- Current social media firms, will focus on mobility. They will spend resources trying to generate additional sources of revenues through mobile ads. Monetizing mobility, as the big bet.
- More people will be going online via mobile or portable devices than their desktops.
- Patent wars (Apple vs Samsung), will probably continue in 2013 among tech giants, settling lawsuits, chasing after media exposure, increasing industry fragmentation. Patent wars exhaust rivals, add market share & value to the winner.
- Visual platforms like Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. will be driving significant traffic to their interfaces. Visual platforms as enablers of brand engagement.
- Google’s Hangout will be explored by more musicians & bands that want to host a virtual performance. Big brands will be using Hangout as a social CRM.
- Gangnam Style showed the way for the globalization aspect of modern connected societies, beyond cultural barriers. The web & digital media, as a global arena for sharing viral content. The trend spotted here, will be promoting a massive event and then have domestic memes that feed the viral phenomenon (extend product life cycle).
- Large numbers of people in China (a country slowly becoming Westernized at its own pace) will be moving to cities & metropolitan areas, raising wages, unbalancing the low – cost status quo which Western companies have invested in.
- Companies will be outsourcing social media engagement to the hands of digital media agencies.
- Consumers are becoming the new marketeers. Extreme word of mouth through social media, affects how people perceive or consume brands.
- Due to the Greek crisis, 2013 will be an interesting year for content creators, writers, reporters & journalists, because people out of work with their skills, will create new opportunities.
- Smartphones, tablets & bandwidth. The necessary triangle for video content producers & small firms that want to leverage in low cost video content for their ads. Personal videos will be uploaded & streamed in minutes.
- In 2013, we will see departments of companies leveraging big data & social media as serious business tools, to create corporate benefits.
- The Singularity is coming…
– Stathis Kassios