The Mediterranean model of start-ups work, because it is simple and consistent with our anthropological characteristics and those of the ecosystems of the South, in which institutions and markets do not function efficiently.
The guiding principle is very simple: to foster the creation of partnerships between small businesses specialized, autonomous but interconnected. A kind of collaborative economy, very different from the EU meant, too bureaucratic, it has never worked and never will work.
The enterprise is market, anarchy, freedom, not stupid bureaucracy.
The Anglo-Saxon model, applied in the South due to the systematic repayment of funds to the EU. The funds spent, then, are awarded to people who have no business experience, but they have consultants very good to write “dream books” they call business plan.
The states should not give money, but:
– Stimulate demand for Hi-tech innovative products and services;
– Encouraging meetings between entrepreneurs and established entrepreneurs;
– Provide advisory free services and assistance to startupper;
– Fight the mafia and the occult organizations that move decisions on tables other than those of democratic institutions, often called to ratify decisions already taken;
– delete laws and regulations
Southern countries may grow by exploiting their reputation and their resources: the creativity, beauty, environment, quality food products, the lifestyle, the culture, the cultural and artistic productions, fashion and design , tourism, scientific research.
In the new era, the nations will have to specialize doing what they do is taking advantage of their reputation (brand).
The Mediterranean countries must focus on the cooperation between small family businesses, independent but interconnected. It makes no sense to think of the Anglo-Saxon model of startups, venture capital, the stock markets, the exit.
These things are so simple that few people understand them.