– Wearable technology (like Google Glass) merging with more fashion companies to go mainstream for consumer brands.
– Smart machines will proliferate (like IBM Watson).
– Internet of everything (IoE). Expect internet to conquer everything, cars, housing devices, plant watering systems and not just your laptop.
– Apps make the world go round! Millions of applications easily searchable hitting your screens every day. The long tail of mobile apps and free competition will decide on who monetizes or not the idea behind the application. Tailored apps for all needs and human desires will be filling Apple Store and Google Play.
– 3D Printers will turn entire industries upside – down and will disrupt all current lines of manufacturing, production, logistics, etc. Companies can benefit from cost efficient prototyping through 3D printing.
– Crowdfunding. Take the story of Pebble Smartwatch which was backed by 85,000+ people through Kickstarter: https://getpebble.com/
– Mobility will continue to threaten laptop manufacturers as more and more people jump to smartphones, tablets and other internet connected gadgets. The decline of PC shipments is a strong indicator of mobility taking over. Watch for employees BYOD (bring your own device programs) for management and diversity at work.
– Unlimited information is a driving force for the new economies. Technology and information as economic accelerators.
– Clouds everywhere. Personal Clouds, Corporate Clouds, Hybrid Clouds. Watch for integration and inter-operability thus long term performance of the designed Cloud.
– IT and financial organizations will carry the heavy burden of securing people’s data, avoiding frauds and harmful access that can threaten a corporation.
– You won’t rely on a certain device anymore. Your personal cloud will be accessed through any device. The challenge will be to easily manage and secure your personal cloud.
– Moving to Cloud is the new reality for businesses so better discover and choose the best cloud package offered to you by tech giants like Cisco, Oracle and others.
– Companies will be investing in R&D and allocating budgets in Cloud solutions to secure their data and offer integrated solutions to their clients and personnel for internal operations.
– Big data is the new oil as the impact for every single business independent of its size will be immense. The bet for companies in 2014 will be managing and securing corporate data, client data, transactions.
– If you don’t adapt fast to the disruptive technologies knocking at your door it will become unrealistic to promise your company sustainability.
– Follow emerging markets globally to escape your domestic economic problems and find partners and clients abroad. The limits of the world are constantly expanding. Fast information brings us closer to global opportunities.
– Networking is one of the most important things and secrets of entrepreneurship so keep meeting new people, share your ideas, projects, goals. Feedback is valuable.
May all your dreams come true for 2014!
Mine: Establish Soundmap & Zorba The Entrepreneur as a global transmedia platform for Creatives!
-Stathis Kassios (Your personal Cyber Consultant)
Leave a Reply to Ralf Lippold (@RalfLippold) Cancel reply